Manufacturing Insurance

Every manufacturing facility is different, representing a different set of risks and exposures. Trigon customizes your manufacturing insurance policy, effectively protecting your business against interruption, failure to perform, product liability, recall, etc.

Who Needs Manufacturing Insurance?

• Food and beverage products
• Beauty products and cosmetics
• Clothing and textiles
• Furniture and wood products
• Technology & electronics
• Plastic and rubber manufacturing

What Does Manufacturing Insurance Cover?

Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance protects you if you’re found responsible for bodily injuries or property damage. Suppose there’s a “slip and fall” accident on your premises. This type of policy will cover legal expenses and damage awards.

Professional Liability Insurance, 
or Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance, protects against legal fees and settlement awards if you’re sued for allegations of negligence, misconduct, or not delivering services promised. For example, if a product takes longer than anticipated to complete and your client sues you for the financial costs associated with the delayed production, you’re covered.

Equipment Breakdown Insurance
 is critical coverage to consider when purchasing manufacturing insurance. The cost to repair or replace crucial manufacturing equipment that is broken or damaged from a mechanical or electrical issue can undoubtedly add up. So you’ll want to make sure you have Equipment Breakdown Coverage in case this happens.

Frequently Asked Questions


As a manufacturer, the equipment you use is vital to your operations.

Your equipment is covered under your commercial property insurance policy for damages from external sources like fires. But you may not realize that damage from internal sources like a mechanical or electrical issue may not be covered. Adding Equipment Breakdown Coverage to your policy makes sure you have this protection to repair or replace your damaged equipment in these specific circumstances.


The not-so-simple answer? Sometimes. Some insurance policies include goods in transit coverage, while transit coverage needs to be added separately to other policies. When you speak with a Trigon broker, we’ll discuss your operations to arrange the ideal coverage for your unique operational needs.


Suppose, for some unfortunate reason, your product needs to be recalled from stores and distributors. Continued use could cause bodily injury, property damage and/or product failure. In that case, Product Recall Insurance gives you the extra coverage to cover your costs.

Request A Quote

Questions? Let us help you.

Speak with a broker to learn more about Manufacturing Insurance.